Every company must deliver an annual return to Companies House at least once every 12 months. The company’s director(s), and where applicable the secretary, are responsible for ensuring that the annual return:
- is delivered to Companies House within 28 days after the anniversary of incorporation or the anniversary of the made-up date of the last annual return; and
- gives a true picture of the management structure and capital (if applicable) of the company at the made-up date.
Please note that even though we are dealing with this on your behalf it is possible that you will receive a computer activated ‘reminder to file’ from Companies House sometime within the next few weeks. This is a standard letter sent to all limited companies. The reminder may appear to be phrased in a manner that suggests the annual return has been filed late, this isn’t the case, it is just a warning that your annual return needs filing. As long as you respond to this letter so we can go ahead and complete the return on your behalf, this can be safely ignored.
Remember: It is a criminal offence not to deliver the company’s annual return within 28 days of the made-up date, for which company secretaries and directors may be prosecuted.
If you require us to complete and file the return on behalf of the companies officers we require the following information;
· Any change to Directors / Shareholders in the last year (new appointments/resignations)
· Any changes regarding allocation of shareholdings (have any shares been transferred or changed hands for example)
· Any changes to Directors details (address etc.)
Please advise us even if there are no changes.
Companies House charge a disbursement fee for each return filed (VAT is not applicable). When we receive the above information we will be able to file the company’s return online and following this we will send you and invoice with payment options.
If you have any questions with regard the above please do not hesitate in contacting me Kim Lynn on 02392388003.
Please note that even though we are dealing with this on your behalf it is possible that you will still receive a reminder from Companies House as they will send these out regardless. The reminder may appear to be phrased in a manner that suggests the annual return has been filed late, this isn’t the case it is just a warning that your annual return needs filing.